Background

Friday, February 6, 2009

Jessa Update

Thank you Kim and Rachel (the two people who read my blog) for your prayers and support today. Boy could I feel it.

Today has been an exhausting day, but I think we have made some decent decisions. Both principals at Jessa's old school and her new school were wonderful in expediting the paperwork so that she could start school at the new school on Monday.

I have looked into 3 private schools today, one in each Tri-City. The one in Pasco isn't taking students for this school year. The one in Kennewick has a 4th/5th combo class of 19 and surprisingly the one in Richland has two 4th grade class of only 15 students each! I was very surprised by this. I had a brief phone call with Jessa's dad and it went fine. We are going to talk more this weekend.

I got to meet Jessa's new teacher. Funny thing is she used to work with Kevin at the Spudnut Shop! She seems full of energy. Jessa got to spend a fun day with her grandma Marcia baking valentine goodies and is spending the night there tonight.

Thank you for listening and praying. We still have a long road, but I am glad the decision to leave is over. We will see how the next couple of weeks go.

6 comments:

  1. PTL! I'm so glad you have some decisions behind you and are feeling good about the upcoming week. We will continue to pray that the adjustment goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been a bit slow looking at blogs lately. Oh my goodness Juli, you have had a lot going on! I will be praying for your family as Jessa starts a whole new adventure this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You WILL NOT BELIEVE this. I came across your blog because Rachel is my good friend's sister and I often enjoy her blog which links to yours. Here's the amazing thing... I have a very good friend named Julie who has two children named Jacob and Jessa. Too strange! I'm very sorry about your daughter's trials. Often I warn my girls that the middle school years are the worst of life. May everyone's prayers carry her through and to God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Juli,
    I'm sorry I haven't been in the loop and i'm sorry that Jessa is struggling in school.
    I can understand your heartbreak....
    Nevada had a simliar experience with a girl who called her a friend but in fact was a real bully to her.
    I wanted to punch her out!
    I will be praying for Jessa to feel connected with people at her new school and for her continued emotional progress.
    Good job, mom, for being her very best advocate.

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is she going to go to a private school, or did you transfer her to another public school? Keep us posted. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete