Background

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Master's Program

I decided to start working on a Master's Degree last month! Yes, in my free time. There were two very important factors for my decision.

1. Money. As a teacher, your pay is based on how many years of experience you have and how much education you have. I can't make my experience go up in large numbers, but I can control how much education I have. A teacher makes about 15% - 20% more a year with a Master's Degree.

2. Knowledge. Since I am teaching computers and computers are a type of technology, I felt that it was important for me to keep up with technology. There is SOOO much out there and it gets better everyday.

The program I am in is an Online Program through Ashford University (www.ashford.edu) out of Iowa. The Master's is in Teaching & Learning with Technology. I am only in my first class, but it has been really interesting and useful. Each class is 6 weeks long and week 2's assignment was to create a blog! It is suppose to be more about the classroom and learning, but since I am in the middle of moving schools and such, I decided to spruce my personal blog up a little and use this for now.

So if you make comments, be nice, because my professor with be looking at this and grading it!

1 comment:

  1. Life isn't just about HAVING goals, but actually accomplishing them. I'm so excited for you that you're knocking things off your list with gusto. Keep in touch. I'm sure you're going to be even busier now that you're working on another degree!

    ReplyDelete