Background

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Goal #2 in 6 days!

Spring Break is fast approaching. I am so excited! My family is going to Disneyland! We are going to be gone for the entire break. That's right, we live at 2pm on Friday to drive to Portland and catch a 8pm flight. This is the big southern California trip. Ronald Reagan library (Kevin's #1 choice), 3 days at Disneyland, a day at Legoland, Seaworld and San Diego Wildlife Adventure. We don't get back into Portland until 2pm on Sunday the 5th and then we drive home. Did I mention how excited I am???
As much as I am excited about the vacation, I am thrilled as to its meaning. You see when I filed for divorce back in September of 2006 I gave myself three goals.
1. Buy a minivan (Did this in May 2007)
2. Take the kids to Disneyland
3. Buy a house ( On track for August 2010)
The marriage to Kevin wasn't even one of the goals, but God threw that special one in too! I am so thankful that God has answered my desires to date. These were truly desires of my heart. I am humbled that He has given me the ability to financially make all this happen in less than three years. Did I mention I took a $20,000 paycut to become a teacher and spend more time with my kids last year? 2009 has been a difficult one for me, but I feel as though the fog has lifted (I am so glad it is SPRING). The positive attitude is returning. There are some tough decisions ahead, but for now we are off to make dreams come true! Thank you Jesus...

MySpace Countdown Clocks

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to not only HAVE goals, but seem them realized? Love it. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having the time of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your vacation was amazing, special and full of life-long memories! I love goals that are reached!

    ReplyDelete